Terms & Conditions:
Thank you for visiting Portobello Music School. Portobello Music School CIC is a Community Interest Company Limited by Guarantee and will herein be referred to as Portobello Music School (“portobellomusicchool.com” or “Site” or Website” or “Our School” or “Our Company” or “We” or “Us”).
All references herein to “We” mean Portobello Music School, including its successors and assigns, which operates the Site and the Service. All references herein to “Applicant” or “You” refer to any user of this Site and the Service. Parents/Legal guardians accept the Terms and Conditions on behalf of their children. All references herein to “School term” refer to the Portobello Music School term calendar which is based in part on the Edinburgh Schools Term Dates.
- All lessons are conducted by qualified teachers in their field of expertise. All staff have a valid PVG certificate from Disclosure Scotland with whom Portobello Music School is a registered organisation.
- Scheduling follows the Portobello Music School term calendar, which is based on the Edinburgh School Term Dates with some slight amendments regarding term start and end dates. Please make yourself aware of these dates.
- Timetables must be strictly adhered to at all times.
- All enrolments must be submitted online via our website. A registration fee of £25 is required to complete enrolment. This registration fee is included in your class fee but is non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
- Scheduling/grouping of continuing students will only commence once registration fees have been received in full. Grouping is performed according to student’s ability and may change, depending on student’s progress. Group classes with 3 or 4 children will be scheduled for 45 minutes, however, classes will be reduced to 30 minutes in the event of student numbers dropping to two.
- Baby & Toddler and Preschool to Primary 2 Creative Music Classes are billed termly whether paying termly or monthly.
- All classes will be billed termly and may be paid termly or monthly. All termly and monthly fees quoted on the Portobello Music School have been adjusted to take into account your pre-paid booking fee. Tuition fees are reviewed annually with any increases posted on our website.
- Enrolment in group instrumental classes requires at least one year’s commitment as spaces cannot be offered to new children once term is underway.
- Once enrolled in our Preschool to Primary 2 Creative Music Classes, spaces are guaranteed for the remaining terms unless notice is given by the end of the autumn or winter term. There is no need to re-enrol each term but you must tell us if you no longer plan to continue.
- All children enrolling in group instrumental classes must also attend weekly musicianship classes. These are compulsory.
- Online payments will be collected from your stored debit/credit card on the first day of the term in accordance with your selected payment plan: termly or monthly.
- If full payment is not made by the due date and/or there was no prior communication between the parent/guardian and Portobello Music School, it will be deemed that the student has chosen to discontinue without notice. In this event, the student’s registration fee will be forfeited. If the student wishes to continue at Portobello Music School, re-enrolment will be required, together with a further registration fee.
- In the event of default on payment/s, action will be taken to recover the debt. The client will incur all costs accrued, including surcharges.
- A lesson that is missed by the student, for whatever reason, is not made up, credited or transferred. This lesson is considered a forfeit.
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson due to prolonged illness (2 consecutive missed lessons or more), an application can be made to Portobello Music School for part remission of 50% of unused tuition fees. This 50% unused tuition fee will be credited to the student’s following term’s fees. A doctor’s certificate will be required in order to process such an application. An administration fee will be charged.
- If the instructor is unable to teach the scheduled lesson, then the student will be taught by a replacement instructor or that lesson will be made up or that lesson will be credited to the following term.
- Refunds will only be issued in the unlikely event of cancellation of a class by Portobello Music School and will not be issued for situations out with our control relating to weather or access to premises.
- Portobello Music School accepts no liability or responsibility for any injury sustained by the student that arises from participation in any activity connected with Portobello Music School. Portobello Music School also accepts no liability or responsibility for any minors, siblings, friends or relatives of the students who attends and/or wait at Portobello Music School locations for the students having music lessons.
- Parents/Guardians must keep any children who are not involved in a class with them at all times.
- Parents/Guardians must remain on site while children are in lessons unless agreed by a member of staff.
- Portobello Music School reserves the right to include or exclude any individual or family at its discretion.
- Portobello Music School reserves the right to cancel classes that do not meet the enrolment quota. In this case, a full refund will be made to the bill payer.
- NUT-FREE POLICY – Portobello Music School has a nut-free policy. Students are asked not to bring any food containing nut products to classes and concerts.
- The parent/guardian of the student is required to inform Portobello Music School at the time of enrolment of any life-threatening or serious medical conditions (for example, allergies) that the student may have. It is a requirement that any student with the potential for anaphylaxis be accompanied to their lesson by a parent or care-giver who is capable of managing the situation if it arises.
- The parent/guardian of the student is required to inform Portobello Music School at the time of enrolment of any additional support needs that the student may have, diagnosed or undiagnosed that may affect their ability to learn in a group setting.
- The parent/guardian of the child student authorises Portobello Music School to use image or recording of the student in a photo, film and/or audio recording and/or use the student’s work sample for promotional use only. The parent/guardian of the child student authorises Portobello Music School to identify the student by first name only.
- Payment of registration fee implies your acceptance of Portobello Music School terms and conditions and your agreement to abide by these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice from time to time, at our sole discretion. We will notify you of amendments to these term and conditions by alerting you by email and when you will be asked to review when you log in to your parent portal.